design your own group class or personal workshop
"I booked a Saturday afternoon private class with Kate, and learned so much. She addressed all my questions, and identified effective ways that I could improve. Additionally, she gave me wonderful clear handouts, and was efficient and friendly. I am already planning my next class." --Susanna T.
Read more of what Kate's students say...
Fall season runs mid-September to mid-December. Spring classes may be booked from mid-January to early May.
Contact Kate for a consultation
Book a General Interest Class or a Performance Master Class for a group or for yourself. Classes are two hours in length. Here are just a few of the topics that the classes can include.
- Developing the Voice: Your Instrument
- Warm-ups and vocal exercises that will give the singer control, strength, delicacy, and flexibility.
- Singing the Jazz Standards
- Importance of "knowing the tune", developing your own repertoire, good arrangements, working well with instrumentalists.
- Vocal Improvisation
- Ways to approach "singing over chord changes", exercises to explore vocabulary and develop both solo and group improvisational skills.
- Career Development
- Learn how to promote yourself as a singer. Promotional tools such as a resumé, bio, demos, contacts, mailing lists, etc. are discussed.
- Design your own class in consultation with Kate